The Give

I let go
to this pen and ink
all my heart spoken dreams

I create and know
without a doubt
the truth delivered to me in your shroud

There you sit
and cry for the we
here I cry awaiting what comes to me

How selfish we walk
even in honesty
how easy we fall from our eternally

I let go to
the give and give
a go to the live that we co-create

I give this to you
in your native tongue
so maybe you’ll finally hear me

When I say
your times dreams will come

Contributed to Open Link Night with dVerse Poets Pub
follow this great group on Twitter @dversepoets

About these ads

About Carey Rose O'Connell
Consciousness in the language of infinite unity. Speaking words in a heartbeat, capturing passing cloud moments, dreaming in we.

22 Responses to The Give

1. tashtoo says:

I adore being read to! Rose…this was wonderful! Here’s to a fantastic OpenLinkNight :0

2. brian miller says:

nice…love it…enjoyed listening to you as well…love the quick rhyme in…

I let go to
    the give and give
    a go to the live that we co-create

and nice to be reminded as well that our times dreams will come…smiles.

3. iBeingMe says:

Perfect I feel it. :)

4. claudia says:

nice..enjoyed the read as well and the rhythm of what almost sounds like a song to me..

5. Timoteo says:

Glad you read this one–it’s pure jazz that way!

6. Heaven says:

I enjoyed listening to your poem ~ very nice ~

7. Beautifully stated both in word and voice–

8. hedgewitch says:

This has a sweet, almost otherwordly quality to it, a little leaven of sadness underneath… ‘heart spoken dreams’ is exceptionally apt, and though I have a hard time with the spoken word(visual all the way) your reading added to the piece a lot with the dimension of rhythm.

9. Best use of soundcloud i”ve ever heard. I would’ve never known the slide slide of your voice reading this if I had only read it,

Gorgeous, just gorgeous.

10. bajanpoet says:

Loved it as usual, Rosie … hearing your voice was so heavenly :D

Loved the lines:
    I let go to
    the give and give
    a go to the live that we co-create

all in all a great write :)

11. David Caruso says:

great to hear your voice. great to listen to a poem. great to listen to a great poem. With lines like, “how easy we fall from our eternally” your confident voice is much different from my first read through of the poem. I’m glad I read it (twice) before I listened to it to appreciate your vocal “version” and to appreciate what I picked up from listening and the differences from my reading to your reading. Your reading is almost like an interpretation of the poem. And I suppose each reader’s reading is an interpretation as well. Great stuff, this poetry!

12. C Rose says:

My thanks for the kind words, I enjoy getting a spoken word done from time to time. This was actually a piece that came straight from a meditative writing and I knew once the pen had stopped it was to be read. Glad it speaks, my best and gratitude to you all for the visit! ~ Rose

13. kshawnedgar says:

Reading it and hearing it were both a pleasure.

14. As we all that scribe, some a bit more than others

15. 1emeraldcity says:

Yes! Your read gave this poem the added rhythm it deserves…I could almost dance to it. I loved the lines “I let go to the give and give a go to the live that we co-create” Your work never stops in its originality and beauty.

16. Jeff says:

It’s all about faith and trust, isn’t it?

Your poem, a simple reminder necessary because we so quickly forget, lose our way. It seems written with a gentle hand, a tender heart.

I like this poem. I like it a lot.

Cheers!

17. S.M. Abeles says:

The voice of a beautiful flower. What a bonus to a great piece. So glad to know you Rose :) — SMA

18. zongrik says:

you have a unique way of saying it’s often time to let go

cliffhanger

19. ayala says:

Love this, Rose. Enjoyed it .

20. ed pilolla says:

i especially like ‘your times dreams will come.’ it’s a good play on the cliche and it really works well. ‘i cry awaiting what comes to me’ is another wonderful line. great write and good to see you again:) you have quite an engaging voice. the cadence of this graph was incredibly fun: ‘ let go to/ the give and give/ a go to the live that we co-create.’

21. Chris G. says:

Curious, this…a very expansive poem in its wording, seeming as it does to encompass the human at large I’d say, the I’s and you’s seeming less to me like individual addresses, and more societal in heart. We certainly could all use the hope, the faith, and the comfort resonating in this, to be sure…

22. A fascinating and powerful poem– I especially like,

There is a montage we play
    of all the scenes the mind relays